Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

WIP: Log Cabin Blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting

In lieu of Independence Day, I decided I needed to declare some independence from my stash. It was getting way out of control, especially in the worsted and sock weight areas. The above blanket, which still has a few rows to go, is comprised of Noro, Cascade 220, Morehouse Merino, Patons Classic Wool, Rowan Magpie leftovers and Grignasco Top Print (the only Alpaca in a maze of Wool). I bought all of this yarn with various small projects in mind, but you know how it goes; the projects never reach fruition because they are "indefinitely postponed" by the arrival of newer, more exciting projects...which then become unfinished projects themselves = Gigantic Yarn Stash = Guilty Sinking Feeling Whenever Buying More Yarn.

Aside from burning up my stash, this project has been wonderful in helping me learn to knit without looking. I figure I play the violin without looking looking at my fingers, and the same goes for typing and piano, so why not this too?

I will start my KALs soon, but I must..finish...blanket...first...

No comments:

Post a Comment