Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Gotta do this!

It's my father's birthday in a week, and I got the idea in my head that I could knit these and have them mailed off by then. I think it's possible, and I always do well in last minute crunch situations. I hope for minimal frog time.

The pattern is "Gentleman's Sock with Lozenge Pattern" from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. Although the pattern calls for dpn's, I've converted it to Magic Loop.

The yarn is Lorna's Laces sock in the colorway "Cedar". To me, it really looks like cooked artichokes.

Although I've got a sizeable stash of L.L.'s, this is actually the first time I've knit with it. The first few rounds felt a little sticky on the needle cables, but after that it was smooth sailing. The stitches are showing up really crisp, so I'm looking forward to the lozenge pattern bit.

I wish there were more intermissions in the opera I'm playing in now so I could spend it knitting. The one 20 minute intermission I get is spent rushing across the plaza to get to the Ciao Bella Gelato stand. It's only a 3 hour opera, but I need my fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment