Sunday, October 15, 2006

Maltese Fisherman's Hat

Maltese Fisherman's Hat from E.Z.'s Knitter's Almanac

side view:
This hat is actually for my bf, but I think it looks pretty good on Gina too! It was a fun and fast knit, and the ear flaps and the lengthened bit at the back of the neck will undoubtedly prove useful during the NE winter.

Mods: I wrapped the short row earflaps because I was getting gaps where the rows turned. I also knit more rounds to make the hat deeper.

Yarn: Morehouse Merino Bulky; less than one skein. It was one of those "sale" skeins, and I have no idea what the color is called; it's somewhere between dark plum and dark chocolate brown.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are looking way cool. I'm sure they are great in keeping out the cold wind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:04 AM

    Awww, I love this hat! It looks so cozy and warm, and what a wonderful yarn you've been using! I agree, these earflaps will definitely do their job in cold winters - perfect!

    ReplyDelete