Friday, December 15, 2006

You know it's Xmas when you start playing lots of Bach

...not like I'm complaining, though! I could always be stuck in the repetitive vortex of the Nutcracker or Handel's Messiah. For people who go to the concerts, it's only once a year, maybe, but for those of us who do it for a living, it can be the same thing several times a day for like a month.

But again, I have been totally spoiled so far. 2 weeks ago I played an almost all Bach concert at Carnegie Hall, last night I played an all Bach Cantatas concert at the Met Museum (let me tell you, it is so incredibly fun to be running around a museum after it is closed...spooky, but fun!) And next week I'm back at Lincoln Center for more Bach Cantatas. The spirit of Holiday Gigging has been good to me this year.

In the meantime, I finished this Baby Hat. It was a fun and moderate-speed project. I used some really soft baby alpaca yarn. Oh, and going against conformity, this powder blue hat is for a girl!


I'm almost done knitting a Tilli Tomas drawstring bag kit. Will put a pic up soon.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun! There's nothing like Bach. I'm busy with the holiday gigging too - lots of extra work in the last month! Fortunately the most "festive" music I'm playing is a Charpentier mass next week! I love the Christmas season's music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that hat is totally girly. I haven't had a chance to play any Bach this season, but this weekend will be totally Vivaldi which will be pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably said this before at some point, but my brother wanted to study music, but was not good enough on his violin, studied law instead, but plays in the local orchestra. Is very happy that he still gets to play "his" music. They give concerts year round, but he loves the christmas concerts the most and the new years concert as well. He was so annoying as a child, always playing the violin and we girls had to be quiet until he was finished. Hated it. ;o)
    I played the piano for 7 years. Anyway, back to knitting! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I was here yesterday ready to leave a comment, when I was called away from the PC. Your Baby hat is very cute. I would wear it myself. Must be really soft and what a lucky baby girl and how cute she will look. People who don't know better will say, what a cute little boy, but they would have said it anyway. Looking forward to seeing pics of your string bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:47 PM

    Ahhh Bach.

    I love the baby hat - the cabling is soo pretty. The fact that you knitted a blue hat for a girl is super! I hate conformity.
    your Namaste bag is to die for - I love it. I love mine, but yours tops it.

    Happy knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:48 AM

    I love Bach - thought I had to add this here! ;)
    I really love your baby hat, what a gorgeous pattern this is, and the color you used is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete