Tuesday, November 21, 2006

long time no blog...

Sorry I've been a bad blogger lately... seems a tough rehearsal schedule coupled with the stomach flu make for unproductive knitting...

Anyway, here's the finished My So-Called Scarf

I blocked it and added two rows of single crochet around the edges to help the funkiness I encountered with this pattern; namely the diagonal slant of the rows, and the loose cast-on and cast-off edges. Also, because of the color differences, I had to alternate skeins every 2 rows (I HATE doing that), which meant the tensions of both lengthwise edges were not exactly the same (also fixed by the crochet edge).

I do like how the pattern looks, and it's a pretty long scarf; worth it for just 2 skeins of Manos! Once I got the rhythm of the stitch pattern, it was a fast knit. Besides, the bf likes it. Yeay!

2 comments:

  1. I always saw this pattern from the right side. I didn't realize it's so different on the back side. It's lovely with the manos yarn and the edge is clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well - I hope everything is okay with you by now!
    I totally love your scarf, it turned out so amazingly gorgeous! The crocheted edges are an awesome idea, I often do this as well just to tidy up the edges, and it works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete